选择语言
简体中文
英文
首页 自由讨论 自由讨论
#ProductFeedback#: Superbuy Website (Open links in same or new tab)
发表于 2019-11-24 17:36:20 | 最新回复 2020-1-15 03:34:57 | 来自于 Clarke County 楼主
Hi, dear all, Thank you for your eyeball attention. Forgive me for adding to your sensory overload. This post concerns an "invisible" & "intangible" feature in the Superbuy website; which *errrrrr* some users may not like- but they do not now how to articulate the problem, let alone a fix. This post seeks to make it less annoying (maybe too strong a word) or more convenient when users open links within Superbuy website. Most users may prefer to open the link in a new tab; instead of in the same tab- because it may b e useful to hjave the initial page as a reference to refer back. Also, one needs not have to wrestle or struggle with contantly having to click BACK or FORWARD buttons; thus making navigation more user-friendly (I suppose, more "ergonomic".) 2019-11-24_16-52-24.jpg CURRENT SITUATION: Let is start by launching whichever browser you use and start with only 1 tab. If you use Chrome: 2019-11-24_16-44-00.jpg If you use Internet Explorer., 2019-11-24_16-46-10.jpg The same applies to Firefox, Opera, etc. ISSUE: (I hesitate to say this ia a problem because it is subjective. But, it seems to most users...) Let's say we are looking at "My Orders"; 254325.jpg Currently, by default,  if one clicks on a hyperlink, one will be brought to the next page, in the same tab. This means that the original / initial page will be lost. 2019-11-24_16-39-57.jpg 2019-11-24_16-54-18.jpg WHY THIS MAY BE A CONCERN: When the initial / original Superbuy page is replaced by the Taobao / Tmall / Xianyu website, users may: - prefer to have the Superbuy page "My Orders" stil opened so as to make reference back to it. To most users, it is helpful to have the initial page in 1 tab while the link opens in anothe tab. This is because it makes one easy to cross reference - feel frustrated with all the BACKWARD and FORWARD buttons in navigatin, ESPECIALLY when one uses the website more and more; and certainly avoids all the hassle of having to nagivate back and forth. Compare with the following more ideal situation: 2019-11-24_17-08-23.jpg 2019-11-24_17-13-42.jpg SOLUTION: SHORT TERM: I discvoered there are 3 quick fixes: Solution 1: Instead of left clicking, user can right click instead 2019-11-24_17-19-26.jpg Right click 435345.jpg Select "Open in new tab" 534543534.jpg Then one would get: (If you like, you can even open in a new window- but this may not be that convenient compared to opening in a new tab while staying in the same browser window) Solution 2: Unfortunately, only to Chrome users. But I am sure other browsers will have similar add-ons or modules. If you are using Chrome, simply go to the Google store to add extension: 2019-11-24_17-27-43.jpg LONG TERM: Forgive my lack of expertise in IT or website, would this help the IT developers? (Of course, only if there are sufficiently large number (majority) of Superuy users who prefer) 2019-11-24_17-31-41.jpg To quote: "...I know that some new webmasters seem to have got the impression that causing links to open the same tab helps to keep people from leaving your website. This assumption may not be valid from the perspective of the user. When you create links that open in a new tab, you are actually preventing newcomers from returning to your website! You may think that they will know how to simply switch back to the original window. My experience with users suggests otherwise; they are stymied by the Back button,or are not even aware that they are looking at a new tab or window. When they can't figure out how to solve the problem, they will give up and move on to other things...." https://www.thesitewizard.com/ht ... window-or-tab.shtml
254325.jpg
2019-11-24_16-52-24.jpg
345435435435435.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-11-27 18:26:58 沙发
Thanks for your feedback. We will re-arrange the logic about opening links in new tabs. Thanks for your good suggestions!
回复 点亮 1

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-12-2 15:02:15 来自手机 板凳
????❤️❤️
回复 点亮 1

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-12-18 21:24:26 地板
谢谢
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

温馨提示
本次活动为Superbuy旗下独立商城站www.buckyselect.com与良品铺子官方合作品牌日活动,您之后将会跳转到www.buckyselect.com,即刻下单海外发货,无需再走代购流程。
  • www.buckyselect.com订单与Superbuy不互通,但Superbuy老用户可直接使用Superbuy账户登录,无需重复注册;
  • 本次活动仅支持美国、澳洲用户参与;
  • www.buckyselect.com不支持使用第三方平台登录,包括facebook,微博、QQ、微信,因此已使用第三方登录在Superbuy注册的老用户在www.buckyselect.com需要重新注册,对此带来的不便我们深表歉意。
快来下单吧~
Reminder
This is a brand event between Superbuy's independent mall www.buckyselect.com and Bestore. You will be redirected to www.buckyselect.com to place order and complete shopping. You don't need go through the shopping agent procedure.
  • The order systems of www.buckyselect.com and Superbuy are separate, but existing Superbuy users can sign in www.buckyselect.com with Superbuy accounts.
  • The event is only open to US and Australian customers.
  • www.buckyselect.com doesn't support third-party login such as with Facebook, Weibo, QQ, and Wechat. Superbuy customers using third-party login need sign up for an www.buckyselect.com account to participate. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Shop now!